Tuesday, March 29, 2011

About Bettie's Cakes

Welcome to my blog! My name is Laura (I know my screen name says Leonna - that's my nickname with my friends!). I work for Bettie's Cakes in upstate New York. http://www.bettiescakes.com/
I don't bake the cupcakes, I don't frost them (although both jobs sound like fun, too!). I sell them. I am one of the many "Betties" that work for Bettie's cakes! 

Who is Bettie? 
We are all Bettie's! Bettie is a 1950's term for a Suzy Homemaker type of woman - think Bettie Crocker, but cooler! Our "Mama Bettie" is Lorraine Murphy, the mind behind the business. She is the face of Bettie, she is the one who thinks of great ideas and she is, by far, the coolest boss I have ever worked for. She also owns her own pinup photography business and makes modern day gals look like the early day pinup models! Lorraine really has a flair for the 1940-1960 era of clothing and mannerisms. She started Bettie's Cakes a few years ago and eventually she and her husband, John, went out to LA and bought a double decker bus, DeeDee!
DeeDee is a 1963 Bristol Lodekka double decker bus all the way from London! She was moved to LA sometime after her use as a city bus. John and Lorraine heard about the bus through an online sale and bought her. They went out to LA and planned to drive DeeDee all the way back to New York! However, halfway through the desert, DeeDee decided to break down. The only company that would work on her was out in Pennsylvania. So DeeDee got towed the rest of the across country. The day after her repairs were finished, she caught fire and had to be brought right back to the doctor! Now a days, DeeDee is working just fine and I love to be the lucky Bettie that gets to work on the bus!

What the hell is this blog about?
Now to the fun stuff. This blog is about what I do at work, namely, my envelopes. At the end of the day, as I count up my money, I prepare an envelope. Most of the time, these envelopes are bland and boring - so, on my very first day, I decided to jazz it up! This blog is all about me envelope work! Some days it gets busy, so my envelopes are pretty plain. Other days, the weather is just too bad for people to try to make it out for cupcakes, especially this past winter, so I have time to get pretty elaborate.

Now, without further ado, I present to you, my very first envelope I ever made.


And it just gets better from here! If anyone had any idea on what to draw on an envelope, where I can incorporate cupcakes, let me know in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment