Saturday, April 2, 2011

and now for a kid-friendly version for today: Bettie Street

Admission: I HATE Sesame Street with a passion. It creeps me out - the puppets are so scary! Only exception is Cookie Monster, who suffers from some sort of OCD comorbid with an eating disorder and Oscar the Grouch who is obviously depressed. Like I've said before - I love psychology! But I had no idea what to draw. 
I ran with Sesame Street after my best friend suggested it. I actually had to research Sesame Street and see what the characters looked like. Do you know how hard it is to draw Big Bird as a cupcake? 
Oddly enough, Bettie's Cakes actually makes Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes per request! So I used our actual cupcakes as the base for the drawing. I used some crayons to color them in, but I have very few colors to chose from, so Elmo ended up being "Violet-Red." Oh well - he looks a lot less scary in violet-red.

No comments:

Post a Comment