Friday, April 22, 2011

I wanna go back to my little grass shack...

I used to live in Hawaii. Even now, to this day, if someone asks me where I am from, I don't say "Connecticut" or "New York," regardless of how heavy my accent becomes. I am always going to say Hawaii, since that is where I feel most comfortable and accepted for who I am.
The envelope says "My 'aina, my hale, my aloha," which is a a totally haole (white person) way of saying "My land, my home, my love."
I have a rather large 'ohana (family) on Hawaii. 'Ohana doesn't always mean blood family, but it means someone who is just as close to you as family - Hansen, Kristin, Whittney, Adam, Chelsie, Jill, Brooke, Lillie...and the list goes on and on. These are people that I am there for and they will always be there for me!
So, this envelope is for you, 'ohana! 
Oh, and no one actually walks around wearing grass skirts and coconut bras or a ti leaf lei or a plumeria lei...but many people do wear aloha shirts!
To everyone else: ALLLLOOOOHAAAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment