Friday, April 8, 2011

The Death of a Cupcake

Today is a twofer! 
First off, I made this envelope when I was really angry. I was working on DeeDee that day, for a special event. I ran out of cupcakes, but I still had about 4 hours left in the day, so I jogged down to DeeDee's little sister, CeeCee.
(CeeCee is our delivery van! Isn't she cute?)
Anyway, I was driving back to DeeDee with about fifty cupcakes just chilling in my backseat, when, all of a sudden, some idiot cut me off. Now, usually I am the first one to say "oh, sorry, I'm a bad driver," but I can assure you, I had a green light and had just started going when someone came zooming up the cross street, drove through their red light and cut me off. I slammed on my brakes, causing a dozen peanut butter cup cupcakes to go flying forward and onto the ground, icing side down, also taking along a four pack of red velvets.
I didn't realize the extent of the damage until I got back to DeeDee - and then I was infuriated! Was driving through a red light worth a) risking your life and b) the life of over a dozen cupcakes?
Hence, my angry passive-aggressive note came to fruition. 
But since that envelope isn't exactly artistic, I will post something that's pretty cool:

This is from the Bettie's coloring book. We are doing a coloring book for kids who have birthday parties at the bakery and stuff like that. So, since everyone knows me as the artsy fartsy one, I started drawing the pages for the book! This is one of them. It's my royal red velvet cupcake. Isn't she fierce?
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay tuned for some awesome envelopes this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment