Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let's Go Yankees!

I am a huge Yankee fan. Take it or leave it. I was born in NY, grew up in southwest CT (Yankee country, where the only real rivalry down there is Yanks vs Mets), and yes, I play fantasy baseball.
I made this envelope mostly to piss of my boyfriend, who hates the Yankees. one of the first dates we went on was to a Yankee game, where his beloved Orioles were playing my awesome Yankees! It was snowing and cold, one of the first games of the season, and his Orioles won. I'll never forget that game, either. We were surrounded by hundreds of drunk Yankee fans and Matt is sitting there, wearing black and orange and quietly cheering "yay, go orioles! go team!" He must be the Orioles lucky charm.
To be honest, I really don't care too much for the Boston/NY rivalry. I think the Patriots are a great football team and I love the Celtics, although whenever they play a NY team, I will always cheer for the home team. They always have good games against each other, as they are both great cities for sport teams!

But NY is just a better city. Just sayin'.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha, of course you'd think so, mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York Giants (yaaaaayyyy)>>>>>>>>>New England Patriots (boooooo)

    Jussayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hush, Ginaboo, Matt may hear you say that! and then we will be subject to a whole bunch of sport stats!

    ReplyDelete