Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Elvis and Marilyn

This envelope was originally going to be really decorated...and then I got bored and decided to read instead. Sometimes, I am really feeling an envelope and I take it all the way - shading, details, etc.
With this one, I was unmotivated but didn't want to leave a blank envelope. So I opted for two cupcakes: Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley. And yes, Elvis is supposed to be sneering at the camera, but that didn't come out right in the photograph. It looks way better in person.
On another note, I got a surprise present from my boyfriend yesterday. I was having a horrible, horrible day and I get home and lo-and-behold, there is a package waiting for me. My Mattie sent me a set of 21 pencils and erasers! He loves my envelopes so much that he surprised me with some high-end pencils! Now I have a bunch of different hard and soft leads for the pencils as well as some charcoal (which I LOVE to use - one of my favorite mediums). There was even a kneaded eraser in there, which I actually love to use for smudging. This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received - I am actually excited to go into work and draw today's envelope! Hopefully it becomes as detailed as I imagine it being in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment