Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mama always said, Life is like a Bettie's Cupcake - REALLY FRIGIN AWESOME!

If you know me at all, you know my all time favorite movie is Forrest Gump. I know pretty much every line, I can outsmart the people with the trivia at Bubba Gump Restaurants. I even know Jenny's address and Forrest's APO address when he was in Vietnam. I can tell you how many Dr. Peppers Forrest drinks at the White House, what brand shoes he wears, and even what days Jenny and Mrs. Gump are born and when they die. I know the length of time it took Forrest to run across country and the bus driver's name. I have about 8 pages, front and back, worth of notes that I took on the movie when I was really sick one day.

So this is my Forrest Gump envelope. I want to make a better one, since I ran out of time on this particular day.

It says, from the left, going counter-clockwise: "Lt. Dan Taylor," "Bubba Blue," "Mama said they were my special shoes. They'd take me anywhere!" "Jenny Curran," "Jenny and me, wes like peas and carrots," "Mama always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know whatcha goin' get!" and my favorite line from the movie: "Lt. Dan! I got you some ice cream! Lt. Dan, ice cream!"

My boyfriend knows how much I love Forrest Gump, so whenever we are somewhere near a Bubba Gump Shrimping Company restaurant, he takes me. We used to eat at the one in Honolulu at least bi-monthly! 
I'm going to remake this envelope when I get a chance. Maybe just have my favorite scene re-enacted with cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment